4/26/09

Alright, so

Today marks the start of a spring and summer filled with fun things. The signs of it are everywhere, the hazy heat of mid morning/afternoon, the trip to the beach I've been packing for all morning, the cute little shorts the boy is terrorizing the house in, my bright red sun dress, and the giant horrible wolf spiders present in or around our house today. My skin is crawling and I can't bear the thought of confronting one on my own, without the manliness that is Joel around to be the defeater.

It also means that in only a short number of weeks my boy will be a year old. This time last year I was losing the ability to sit, stand, walk or sleep with any type of comfort or dignity. The burden on my loins is now a babbling, crawling, yelling, smiley little bruiser causing mayhem and breakin' hearts. It's the epitome of 'nuts'.

Meanwhile, the time to think about going back to work for a few hours a week is here. I'll probably end up back at the restaurant for Friday and/or Saturday nights, which won't be bad because I'll be making tips and bossing little high school girls around. Also, a family friend needs help on fridays during the day to pick his garden in preparation for the Farmer's Market every weekend all summer. The pay is probably minimal, or it could only be in the form of free veggies (which is cool with me), but I'm actually anxious to make it happen because I like the thought of being outside, getting dirty and sunburned, working hard and sweating it up for a few hours a week if I can.

Anyways, the hours of this day are slipping away so we are going to have some lunch and get going. I leave you with...

1 comment:

Missy and David Vadasy said...

Look at your cutie baby! The weather looks beautiful there!