2/14/09

its all my fault

My child is a TV junkie.


Sometimes I feel bad about it, like I am letting his brain slowly melt out of his ears or something. But you know - of all of the things that you tend to remember fondly from your childhood, your favorite characters on your favorite shows always come first. They do for me at least. When he gets a bit older I am totally buying Fraggle Rock & the Muppet Show DVD sets because that shit is quality, and the generations that grew up on them (mainly from the 80's, early 90's) are probably the most peaceful set of people there are. Jim Henson's original goal with Sesame Street & Fraggle Rock was to create world peace, starting with the youngin's. How can that be bad? Of course he loves Elmo and Barney (ugh) but with time he will become a sophisticated pop-culture goon, learning lessons and dancing to dope ass theme songs.

This might just be my really good excuse to enjoy these shows myself without having to feel stupid. I really don't care.

2 comments:

Missy and David Vadasy said...

I LOVE Fraggle Rock!! I am totally buying that for Nixi as well! I have great memories of that, muppets, dumbos circus and sesame street....oh and reading rainbow, ducktales, chip and dale....okay maybe I watched too much TV when I was younger....

Amy, David, Cambria, and Baylen said...

That Is such a cute pic!