3/5/09

carseat nap

As Isaac snoozes away in his carseat (omg my car is back in action!!!!!) I will gingerly, ever so quietly, type up some kind of hooyah for this here blog. My dad went back into the hospital this past weekend and as far as I know is still there. This time they found a massive calcified blood clot in his leg which has apparently been there for years and no one caught it before. They're experimenting with blood thinners to see what dosage is safe to go home on. We all visited him the other day and he actually seemed pretty good, at least he was awake and not drifting in and out of a "my body can't filter out these painkillers" stupor.

I've been doing pretty well with my big new year's resolution to cook more actual food. We had a nice roast last night and there are actually a few different kinds of leftovers in the fridge right now. Go me! Going along with my other plan to learn how to sew, I busted out my sewing machine the other day and had my mom show me how to use it. Not that she hasn't done this 45 million times throughout my life, but this time I actually paid attention. Bummer is that there's something wrong with the machine so she's going to give me a different one to use. I have all these dreams of starting up a little online boutique with like..alternative type baby clothes and diaper bags and shit like that. Who knows?

My other goal for 2009 fell through before it had a chance. There's this little artsy fartsy coffee/sandwich shop in town that we go and get lunch at all the time. Every month they display on the walls a different artists' work. Usually it's photography but there are painters and metal sculptors and other cool stuff like that. I had made it a goal to get my ass in gear and put my pictures on display this year. We asked the owner though and apparently the waiting list right now is already half-way through 2010. I might throw my name in there anyway.. at least it would give me some time to get my shit sorted.

Ah, well. The baby stirs. Til next time.

1 comment:

Erin M said...

i totally think you need to put your name on that wait list

ad

I keep trying to learn how to sew. I'm not so great at it yet. I need a mentor