1/20/09

The day's just getting started...

I have to say, I love the Sunny Side Up show on Sprout every morning. Really. While the wee one is crawling around chewing on things and talking to his toys, I'm sipping my coffee and jammin out hard to the Roary the Racing Car theme song, joining in with the cheesy hosts and trying to get him as excited about Chica as I am. I can't wait til I can send in his fancy birthday card to be read on the air, and I walk around all day with the birthday song stuck in my head. This has become my life.


On another note, I want to say that politics is soooo not my topic of conversation. I'm not going to pretend for one second that I have any idea what any of it means and honestly I don't get it. I wish I knew more, but I don't. I'm kind of working on that. But this morning I've been watching all the inauguration hoo-yah and it has gotten me kind of excited. I can't say one way or the other whether I agree with or like Obama - I really don't know enough about the guy. But I can't deny the twinge of hope I feel. I mean man, has there ever been a guy under more pressure than that man is right now? I hope he lives up to his expectations. And I fully appreciate the magnitude of his election "making history", but I do feel like I can't wait for everyone to get past the race issue and focus on the reality of the job. Crazy times!
That is all.

No comments: