1/2/09

standing abs kicked my ass

So its the new year right? I resolve to start taking care of myself, to get healthy. This doesn't necessarily mean lose weight. But to feel better all around. Have more energy, drink more water, get more sleep (yeah right), take vitamins, laugh more, see more, have a better outlook. I've started by declaring war on my skin- I'm not taking anymore crap. If I have to buy the expensive soap, so be it. I've got my Aveeno body wash, Aveeno face wash, Aveeno skin repair lotion. I've got my vitamin E stick for my lips and eye areas. I've got my calendula for more aggressive spots. I'm taking my Borage Oil to battle from the inside out. I've got my giant cup of water. I just completed 20 minutes on a couple of OnDemand ab work outs and am realizing how out of shape I am. I sort of feel like passing out/puking but in a good way! My next goal is to start forming meals. Not just buying whatever crap is on sale that will be easiest to whip up. I want to start making lists, creating plans. Having good and healthy fuel for myself. I want to start going to the whole foods store and experimenting with things I haven't had before. I want to become greener and do things like composting and making homemade baby food. Become more self-sufficient - learn how to sew. Like my mom said- she won't be around to hem my clothes and fix my buttons forever. Maybe I'll really get my shit together in 2009.

2 comments:

Sarah aka Booty-rific said...

You can do it!!!!!

Missy and David Vadasy said...

Good for you!! I will be healthy with you!!! We can dooooooo it!