10/31/08

can you tell me how to get...

I use the baby as an excuse to watch Sesame Street. he responds to Elmo's voice but other than that, why would he even watch it? I've turned it into my own problem. Holding onto childhood memories and reliving them through him. Whatever, that show is friggin amazing.


We totally slacked on Halloween. I went to go try and find a pumpkin at least, but apparently pumpkin sales cease at this point? Society is trying to rub it in my face that I am too late, I have failed. We were going to dress up as Popeye, Olive Oil & Sweet Pea. So hokey, I know. But Joel has been looking for an excuse to be Popeye for years now and he'd make a perfect one. But it's just such a hassle this year with the wee one. We're going to take my niece out and try to make it as much fun as possible because all of her little tween friends ditched her and made her sad. I'm resisting the urge to hunt them down like animals as I speak.

I used to get really spiritual about Halloween. Lighting candles, inviting spirits, leaving gifts for Gods & Godesses alike. I love halloween but like I said, it's just a hassle this year. So I will resort to bombarding my parents and eating all of their candy. Next year will be more fun.

No comments: