10/22/08

Spiny bastards

Yesterday I was attacked by a giant clump of thistle, they attached themselves to my sleeve and their tiny barbs marred up my wrist. Do those things have toxins or otherwise devious defenses?? Because my hand feels sort of limp and defeated.

Its a rather dark and stormy day here today. I'm starting a "don't be fat and disgusting" diet. I better eat the rest of those brownies I made...you know, just to get rid of them.

I was just thinking about my future house and how awesome it's gonna be. When we do get to the point where we buy a house, I have many requirements.

-a basement with space for a black & white darkroom.
-exposed rafters for hanging large plants and implementing an indoor swing.
-giant trees in the yard. treehouses.
-enough land to have a small farm, complete with chickens and pigs and a nice big greenhouse.
-an indoor hot tub.

amongst other details.

I really want my kids to grow up farm-style. With responsibilities and dirty chores and lots of outdoor fun. Self-sufficient knowledge and appreciation for animals and the earth and all that good stuff. I kind of realized that I will only be truly fulfilled once I live in such a way. It's gonna be fun times.

No comments: