12/21/08

Dear Isaac,



Now that you're six months old, I think we should have a little talk. I think it's time you start earning your keep around here. Your crib is where you sleep. Mom & Dad's bed is where they sleep. Yes they are in the same room but they have very different purposes.

The attitude has got to go.


The incessant little whining noise you've grown fond of making will eventually land me in a mental institution.

I think your toothy little grin is precious, really...


But you need to stop biting the hand (boob) that feeds you.

Now that you can crawl, I know it's only a matter of time before you're running away from me. So when I want to get one good picture of us together, I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to wiggle away with such vigor, let me have that moment!


I know you look an awful lot like your daddy but don't start taking his side yet. You're supposed to be a momma's boy, remember?


But feel free to keep making that howling baby wolf noise whenever you see something that blows your mind, because it helps me realize how new the world is to you and how I should be looking at it. Keep sucking your thumb when you get sleepy or hungry and reaching out for me in times of need. I'll never get sick of that. Don't worry about the slobbery kisses you like to give me when we play, I don't mind the drool. Here's to the next 6 months.

No comments: